EchoLingo第 155 期
0/95
录音

播放开始以显示句子

The worst part about being at your breaking point is that to the rest of the world,
处于崩溃边缘最糟糕的部分是对外界来说。
10:00 – 0:06
it looks like you're doing absolutely nothing.
看起来你什么都没做。
20:06 – 0:08
You're in bed all day.
你整天躺在床上。
30:10 – 0:11
You're scrolling on your phone for 12 plus hours.
你在手机上滑动超过12个小时。
40:11 – 0:13
You're not getting outside.
你没有出去。
50:15 – 0:16
You're isolating yourself.
你正在孤立自己。
60:16 – 0:17
And so everyone else just sees that you're unproductive and lazy.
所以其他人只是看到你无所事事且懒惰。
70:19 – 0:24
But on the inside, you are desperately searching for an answer.
但在内心深处,你正拼命寻找答案。
80:26 – 0:29
Sometimes it wasn't even that long ago before you had it all together,
有时候,就在不久之前,你还一切都掌控得很好。
90:31 – 0:34
where you didn't feel like life was happening to you.
那时你不会觉得生活是在发生在你身上。
100:36 – 0:40
You felt like you were in control.
你感觉自己掌控了一切。
110:40 – 0:42
You know you had your routine.
你知道你有自己的日常安排。
120:42 – 0:44
You were consistent.
你很有恒心。
130:45 – 0:46
You were going to the gym.
你去健身房了。
140:47 – 0:48
You were socializing.
你在社交。
150:48 – 0:49
Your diet was right and it was good for some time.
你的饮食是正确的,并且持续了一段时间。
160:50 – 0:55
It was really good and you felt like you were in this like sort of flow state.
那真的很好,你感觉自己处于一种类似“心流状态”的状态中。
170:55 – 0:59
Things were effortless.
事情变得轻而易举。
181:00 – 1:01
And then something changed.
然后事情发生了变化。
191:01 – 1:02
Something flipped.
事情突然改变了。
201:02 – 1:03
One morning you just didn't feel like getting out of bed like you did the day before.
有一天早上,你就是不想起床,就像前一天那样。
211:03 – 1:07
And then the cycle starts and it gets worse and it gets worse and it gets worse.
然后循环开始了,情况越来越糟,越来越糟,越来越糟。
221:07 – 1:17
And maybe it's been a matter of days.
也许这只是几天的事情。
231:18 – 1:20
Maybe it's been weeks, months.
也许已经是几周,几个月了。
241:20 – 1:22
The thing that you must understand, because I've been there, trust me,
你必须明白这一点,因为我经历过,相信我。
251:22 – 1:27
I still experience these phases, there is this—
我仍然经历这些阶段,就是这样——
261:27 – 1:31
The reason that sometimes you can't understand why you're in the state that you're in right now
有时候你无法理解自己为什么处于现在的状态的原因
271:33 – 1:39
is because you're trying to find the answer in some logical form,
是因为你试图以某种逻辑形式找到答案。
281:40 – 1:46
in some pragmatic like mathematical formula of like I did this and then this happened and now I'm like this.
以某种务实的、类似数学公式的方式,比如我做了这个,然后发生了那个,现在我就是这样。
291:46 – 1:52
And perhaps that's the case sometimes, but a lot of times it's not.
也许有时候确实如此,但很多时候并非如此。
301:54 – 1:58
A lot of times just something shifts internally and the energy is different.
很多时候,内心会发生某种变化,能量也会不同。
311:59 – 2:04
And You lose the motivation and you feel disconnected from your vision and your passion.
你会失去动力,感觉与你的愿景和热情脱节。
322:04 – 2:10
And the things you used to love just don't that you don't love them the same right now.
你曾经喜欢的东西现在不再像以前那样喜欢了。
332:10 – 2:15
The reason that is because there are natural tides to life.
原因是生活中有自然的潮汐变化。
342:16 – 2:19
I often describe them as the waves of the ocean.
我经常把它们比作海洋的波浪。
352:19 – 2:21
You know, they come and they go.
你知道,他们来了又走。
362:21 – 2:23
And as human beings, it's within our nature to want to grasp onto the things that we want,
作为人类,我们的天性就是想抓住我们想要的东西。
372:25 – 2:32
the good times, and desperately push away and reject the bad times.
美好时光,我们拼命推开并拒绝糟糕的时光。
382:32 – 2:38
Given that I've been through my fair share of these ups and downs, to say the least,
鉴于我经历了不少这些起伏,至少可以这么说。
392:39 – 2:44
the greatest understanding that I've taken away from these experiences is that—
我从这些经历中获得的最大领悟是——
402:44 – 2:50
Regardless of what state you're in right now, maybe you're at absolute rock bottom.
无论你现在处于什么状态,也许你正处于绝对的谷底。
412:52 – 2:57
It's never been this bad before.
以前从未这么糟糕过。
422:57 – 2:59
Or maybe the cycle is just starting.
或者这个循环才刚刚开始。
432:59 – 3:01
Regardless, there is a mountain that you are climbing in life.
无论如何,你在人生中都在攀登一座山。
443:01 – 3:06
You're after something.
你在追求某样东西。
453:06 – 3:07
There is a reason that you desire a better life for yourself, whatever that may look like for you.
你渴望更好生活是有原因的,无论那对你来说是什么样子。
463:07 – 3:11
You want more freedom.
你想要更多自由。
473:13 – 3:14
You want more control.
你想要更多掌控。
483:15 – 3:16
You want more clarity.
你想要更清晰的认识。
493:16 – 3:17
You want more love.
你想要更多的爱。
503:17 – 3:17
You want more gratitude.
你想要更多的感激之情。
513:19 – 3:20
You want more adventure and spontaneity and creativity and passion in your life.
你想在生活中拥有更多的冒险、自发性、创造力和激情。
523:21 – 3:26
These things are difficult to obtain.
这些东西很难获得。
533:28 – 3:30
And that's the nature of them.
这就是它们的本质。
543:31 – 3:32
And so if that is the mountain, it doesn't matter if you have it together right now or not.
所以如果那就是那座山,那么你现在是否一切都井然有序并不重要。
553:33 – 3:39
Because either way, you haven't left the mountain.
因为无论如何,你还没有离开那座山。
563:41 – 3:43
If last month you were running up that thing like you knew it like the back of your hand
如果上个月你跑上那东西,就像你对它了如指掌一样
573:45 – 3:49
and it was effortless, man, you had clarity in your direction, you're controlling,
而且那很轻松,伙计,你对自己的方向很清晰,你在掌控。
583:49 – 3:54
you knew exactly which steps to take.
你确切知道该采取哪些步骤。
593:54 – 3:56
Maybe right now it's time to stand still for a little bit.
也许现在是时候静止一会儿了。
603:58 – 4:03
And it doesn't mean that you've given up at all.
这并不意味着你已经放弃了。
614:04 – 4:07
It doesn't.
不是这样的。
624:07 – 4:08
It actually means the complete opposite.
实际上它的意思完全相反。
634:08 – 4:10
Okay, I'm flipping the script on you guys.
好吧,我要颠覆你们的想法。
644:11 – 4:13
It means the opposite.
它的意思是相反的。
654:14 – 4:15
If you ask somebody, "Hey, you see this tallest most gargantuan mountain that exists,
如果你问某人,“嘿,你看到这座最高最大的大山了吗。
664:17 – 4:26
which is the mountain of life,
那就是生命之山。
674:26 – 4:29
do you think I could run up that thing like constantly and not take breaks or not be tired or not have moments of rest?
你认为我能一直不停地跑上那座山,不休息、不感到疲倦,也没有休息的时刻吗?
684:30 – 4:37
Do you think I could just fly up that thing effortless with no mistakes, no standstill?"
你认为我能毫不费力地飞上那座山,没有错误,没有停顿吗?
694:39 – 4:44
I mean, like, they would look at you absolutely insane because it's like, it's of course not.
我的意思是,他们会觉得你完全疯了,因为当然不是那样的。
704:45 – 4:50
Like, no, I mean, you're human.
就是说,不,你是人类。
714:51 – 4:54
There will be some parts that are easy along this journey, my friend.
在这段旅程中,有些部分会很容易,我的朋友。
724:56 – 4:59
There will be beautiful moments, but sometimes it's gonna get treacherous.
会有美好的时刻,但有时会变得危险。
734:59 – 5:04
Sometimes you're gonna get absolutely lost.
有时你会完全迷失方向。
745:05 – 5:07
Sometimes you're going to run into some things that you were not anticipating at all.
有时你会遇到一些你完全没有预料到的事情。
755:08 – 5:12
And sometimes you'll even question your own ability to climb this dang mountain.
有时候你甚至会怀疑自己攀登这座该死的山的能力。
765:14 – 5:20
At the start, you were so confident.
一开始,你非常自信。
775:22 – 5:23
You know, you set that vision.
你知道,你定下了那个愿景。
785:24 – 5:26
You painted the picture for the life that you wanted.
你描绘了你想要的生活蓝图。
795:27 – 5:30
And that first step was, man, I mean, you can't replicate that.
而那第一步,伙计,我是说,你无法复制那种感觉。
805:32 – 5:37
You know what I mean?
你知道我的意思吗?
815:37 – 5:38
But inevitably, no matter how prepared—
但是不可避免地,无论多么准备充分——
825:39 – 5:42
I don't care who you are, no matter how prepared you are, no matter how put together you are, no matter how knowledgeable you are—
我不在乎你是谁,无论你多么准备充分,无论你多么镇定自若,无论你多么有知识——
835:42 – 5:49
Man, some of the greatest minds in philosophy, the most wise people to ever exist on planet Earth,
伙计,一些哲学界最伟大的头脑,地球上曾经存在过的最智慧的人们。
845:50 – 5:58
they've experienced some of the most grueling suffering that you could imagine.
他们经历过你能想象到的一些最严酷的痛苦。
856:00 – 6:06
Some of the most brilliant minds, the people that you would think like, man, they just had it on easy mode.
一些最聪明的人,你会觉得,伙计,他们简直是轻松模式。
866:07 – 6:12
They just got it right away.
他们立刻就明白了。
876:12 – 6:13
They had the cheat code or something, but it's just not the case.
他们有作弊码什么的,但事实并非如此。
886:13 – 6:17
And I get it.
我明白了。
896:19 – 6:19
Like it's hard not to feel alone.
感觉很难不孤单。
906:19 – 6:21
And like, you've got it the worst sometimes, like, man, does anybody else feel this pain?
而且,有时候你是最糟糕的,伙计,还有别人感受过这种痛苦吗?
916:22 – 6:27
Like to this degree?
像达到这种程度吗?
926:27 – 6:28
But it is a shared human experience.
但这是一种共同的人类体验。
936:30 – 6:33
And honestly, I think it's i think it's beautiful.
说实话,我觉得这很美。
946:33 – 6:39
I really do.
我真的觉得。
956:39 – 6:42