EchoLingo第 145 期
0/136
录音

播放开始以显示句子

So about six months ago, I am still in high school this point, sitting in class.
大约六个月前,我那时还在上高中,正坐在教室里。
10:00 – 0:04
And somehow the conversation turns to me.
不知怎么的,话题就转到了我身上。
20:04 – 0:06
The teacher starts talking about me in my videos.
老师开始谈论我和我的视频。
30:07 – 0:09
And a girl from across the class, she yells out to me
教室另一边的一个女孩,她对我大喊。
40:11 – 0:14
and she asks me, Jack,
她问我,杰克。
50:15 – 0:16
do you have any
你有什么
60:17 – 0:18
advice for my face going red?
关于我脸红有什么建议吗?
70:18 – 0:19
And I know she's taken the piss because
我知道她在嘲笑我。
80:21 – 0:23
Her friends are laughing, she's laughing, and everyone knows this is one of
她的朋友们在笑,她也在笑,而且每个人都知道这是我最大的
90:24 – 0:27
my biggest insecurities because I can't control it.
不安全感之一,因为我无法控制它。
100:27 – 0:29
My face just goes red when I get extremely anxious and I'm an extremely anxious person that I
当我极度焦虑时,我的脸就会变红,而且我是一个极度焦虑的人,以至于
110:29 – 0:33
always have been since I was 10, 11 years old.
从10岁、11岁起就一直是这样。
120:34 – 0:36
So what do I do in that situation?
那么在这种情况下我该怎么办呢?
130:37 – 0:38
I meant to be the dude who makes these types of videos.
我本应是那个制作这类视频的家伙。
140:39 – 0:41
I meant to be the strong dude, but I wasn't known in that situation.
我本应是那个坚强的家伙,但在那种情况下我并不为人所知。
150:41 – 0:45
I just booked out the window and said nothing, because my anxiety took over.
我只是望着窗外,什么也没说,因为我的焦虑占据了上风。
160:45 – 0:49
So I remember getting home that night.
所以我记得那天晚上回到家。
170:50 – 0:52
and logging onto me computer and asking chatGPT,
然后登录我的电脑,问ChatGPT。
180:53 – 0:57
what is the best thing I could have done in a situation like
在这种情况下,我本可以做的最好的事情是什么?
190:58 – 1:01
this? How can I learn from it?
我如何从中学习?
201:01 – 1:02
But because it gave me such a good response, because chatGPT is like a self-confirmation bias,
但因为它给了我如此好的回应,因为ChatGPT就像一个自我确认偏见。
211:02 – 1:07
I started asking it more
我开始问它更多
221:07 – 1:09
and more and more in deeper questions.
并且越来越多地提出更深层次的问题。
231:09 – 1:11
Questions you should probably ask in therapy or some shit.
那些你可能应该在心理治疗或类似场合问的问题。
241:11 – 1:14
I don't know, maybe that's just me, but I'm sure someone can relate to me
我不知道,也许只是我这样,但我肯定有人能理解我。
251:14 – 1:17
out there with that.
在外面和那个一起。
261:18 – 1:18
So because I'm expressing these emotions that have been bolted up for a while,
所以,因为我正在表达这些被压抑了一段时间的情绪。
271:21 – 1:24
that feeling, that crave for intimacy is
那种感觉,那种对亲密的渴望是
281:26 – 1:29
very intense.
非常强烈。
291:29 – 1:30
It's like all my emotions have been able to find an intimacy
就好像我所有的情绪都能找到一种亲密感
301:31 – 1:34
that the sexual desires, the strongest desire in the body, it makes sense.
性欲望,作为身体中最强烈的欲望,这是有道理的。
311:34 – 1:38
And coincidentally, at this time I had a video go pretty viral.
巧合的是,在这个时候我有一个视频变得相当火爆。
321:40 – 1:45
There was targeted for males and females.
这个视频是针对男性和女性的。
331:46 – 1:49
So, I think 13 million females saw that video.
所以,我认为有1300万女性看了那个视频。
341:50 – 1:55
So I had a lot of females on Instagram, DM me.
所以我在Instagram上有很多女性给我发私信。
351:56 – 1:59
I've never gotten this before.
我以前从未得到过这个。
361:59 – 2:01
I've never got this influx of female attention ever in my life.
我这辈子从未有过这么多女性关注。
372:01 – 2:04
So it takes me over.
所以它控制了我。
382:06 – 2:07
There's plenty of very attractive women who reached out.
有很多非常有魅力的女性主动联系。
392:08 – 2:11
And lust took over again. And I relapsed.
欲望再次占据上风。我又复发了。
402:12 – 2:15
I think like every day for a week.
我想大概是一周里每天都这样。
412:16 – 2:17
Not to pornographic because I don't watch that anymore, but just still.
不是色情内容,因为我不再看那个了,但只是仍然。
422:18 – 2:21
I think I shouldn't have done.
我想我不应该那样做。
432:22 – 2:23
And to combat this shame and guilt,
为了对抗这种羞耻感和内疚感。
442:26 – 2:29
because it was heavy feelings of shame and guilt,
因为那是沉重的羞耻感和内疚感。
452:29 – 2:31
it was, it was heavy.
它很重,它很重。
462:31 – 2:32
I start talking to these girls more.
我开始更多地和这些女孩聊天。
472:34 – 2:35
I start romanticising your future about them, because I'm a very romantic upper person.
我开始浪漫化关于她们的未来,因为我是一个非常浪漫的上层人士。
482:37 – 2:43
That's just who I am.
这就是我。
492:44 – 2:44
I start imagining futures with girls who I'm not, who I know
我开始想象与那些我不是的、我认识的女孩的未来。
502:47 – 2:53
aren't for me. Because I was desperate. I was.
不适合我。因为我当时很绝望。我确实很绝望。
512:54 – 2:56
I'd never really gotten this feeling before. Ever.
我以前从未真正有过这种感觉。从来没有。
522:57 – 3:00
It was something really new and exciting to me.
这对我来说是全新且令人兴奋的事情。
533:01 – 3:03
But I knew at the back of my mind, the majority of these girls I was talking to
但我在内心深处知道,我正在聊天的这些女孩中的大多数
543:05 – 3:09
were just bored.
只是感到无聊。
553:09 – 3:10
They weren't actually interested in me.
他们其实对我并不感兴趣。
563:11 – 3:13
I wasn't actually interested in them.
我其实对他们并不感兴趣。
573:14 – 3:16
It was more of a loss instead of love.
那更多是一种失落,而不是爱。
583:16 – 3:17
I was just desperate.
我当时只是绝望了。
593:19 – 3:20
And that is disrespectful to myself.
那是对我自己的不尊重。
603:20 – 3:22
And that is disrespectful to the I do a woman who I genuinely admire. And I knew that.
那对我真心钦佩的一位女性是不尊重的。我知道这一点。
613:23 – 3:28
It was just clouded by lust at that time.
那时它只是被欲望蒙蔽了。
623:29 – 3:32
So I made that video.
所以我制作了那个视频。
633:32 – 3:33
I fell back into lust again, boys, which is pretty popular as nearly like a million views, nearly.
我又陷入了欲望之中,伙计们,这视频相当受欢迎,差不多有近百万的观看量。
643:33 – 3:38
Which is crazy for something like that.
对于那样的事情来说,这真是疯狂。
653:40 – 3:41
I got out of the rut.
我摆脱了困境。
663:43 – 3:44
I locked in, exams were coming up, so I
我集中精力,考试快到了,所以我
673:45 – 3:48
really needed to. And I graduated high school.
真的需要这样做。然后我高中毕业了。
683:48 – 3:51
And I couldn't wait to get out.
我迫不及待地想离开。
693:52 – 3:54
Yeah, to experience, find my people, connect with people who, you
是的,去体验,找到志同道合的人,与那些你……的人建立联系
703:56 – 3:59
know, I can, I can emotionally relate to.
我知道,我能,我能在情感上产生共鸣。
714:00 – 4:02
But I fell back into the rut again.
但我又陷入了老一套。
724:04 – 4:06
Because all I was doing was, like, and the only time I'd go outside was to make a video.
因为我所做的一切就是,嗯,我唯一出门的时候就是去拍视频。
734:07 – 4:12
I'd just be inside, like reading, I
我就待在室内,比如看书,我
744:14 – 4:16
would train at home, I would plan videos at home.
会在家训练,我会在家规划视频。
754:17 – 4:21
That's all I do.
这就是我所做的一切。
764:21 – 4:22
So that, Feeling for love came up again. I craved it.
所以,对爱的感觉又出现了。我渴望它。
774:24 – 4:29
Again, just like I did around six months ago. Heavy.
又一次,就像大约六个月前那样。沉重。
784:29 – 4:32
Oh, every single human craves love.
哦,每一个人类都渴望爱。
794:33 – 4:35
Every single one of them.
他们中的每一个。
804:35 – 4:36
And they always do, because it's human nature, we can't combat the feeling.
而且他们总是这样,因为这是人性,我们无法抗拒这种感觉。
814:37 – 4:40
Everyone craves it, so I accepted it.
每个人都渴望它,所以我接受了它。
824:40 – 4:42
Now I accepted to myself that love is a beautiful thing.
现在我对自己承认,爱是一件美好的事情。
834:43 – 4:46
Always will be, it just depends on how you respond to it.
它将永远如此,只是取决于你如何回应它。
844:47 – 4:49
And I think I responded to it in a good way. I accepted it.
而且我认为我以一种好的方式回应了它。我接受了它。
854:50 – 4:54
I did.
我做了。
864:55 – 4:56
It is so normal to crave love.
渴望爱是非常正常的。
874:58 – 5:00
You know, if you're watching this video, you've probably been single your whole life.
你知道,如果你正在看这个视频,你可能一辈子都是单身。
885:01 – 5:04
It's normal.
这很正常。
895:06 – 5:07
And you're not alone.
而且你并不孤单。
905:08 – 5:09
There are so many people because of social media and shit.
因为社交媒体之类的东西,有太多人了。
915:09 – 5:13
There are so many people in your position, 100%. I am.
处于你这种处境的人非常多,百分之百。我就是。
925:14 – 5:18
I had a girlfriend at 12 years old.
我12岁的时候有过一个女朋友。
935:18 – 5:19
I don't count that. I've never had a girlfriend.
我不把那算作数。我从来没有过女朋友。
945:20 – 5:22
I'm not ashamed to admit that. I'm 19, I'm still a young man.
我不羞于承认这一点。我19岁,我还是个年轻人。
955:24 – 5:27
Like why are you in such a rush?
比如你为什么这么着急?
965:27 – 5:29
You are still so young.
你还这么年轻。
975:31 – 5:33
And I speak to myself, I'm speaking to myself here, but I'm speaking to you as well.
我在对自己说,我是在对自己说,但同时也是在对你说。
985:35 – 5:39
This is literally the worst version of yourself that there will ever be.
这真的是你未来最糟糕的版本了。
995:40 – 5:43
You are only going to get better and better and better and better.
你只会变得越来越好,越来越好,越来越好。
1005:44 – 5:47
Now I'm assuming that you get better every day.
现在我假设你每天都在进步。
1015:49 – 5:51
I'm not telling you this because you want to hear, I'm telling you this because you need to hear.
我告诉你这些不是因为你想听,而是因为你需要听。
1025:56 – 5:59
Just like you were when you were a kid, all you wanted to be was an adult.
就像你小时候一样,你只想成为一个成年人。
1036:00 – 6:03
But when you became an adult, you realized the problem was becoming an adult.
但当你成为成年人后,你意识到问题就是成为成年人本身。
1046:05 – 6:08
And then when you became an adult,
然后当你成为成年人时。
1056:09 – 6:10
all you could think about was the pleasures of being a kid because you
你所能想到的只是当孩子的快乐,因为你
1066:11 – 6:14
forgot about the problems of being a kid, even though as a kid,
忘记了作为孩子的问题,尽管作为孩子时
1076:14 – 6:16
all you thought about was the problems of
你所想的全是关于……的问题
1086:16 – 6:17
being a kid.
作为一个孩子。
1096:17 – 6:18
And see, exactly the same with Singapore, especially as a young man, but that's probably the same for women.
你看,新加坡的情况完全一样,尤其是作为一个年轻人,但可能对女性来说也是如此。
1106:19 – 6:23
That's all you think about as a negative.
那就是你作为负面因素所考虑的一切。
1116:25 – 6:26
And it's not like when you do get with someone.
而且这不像当你真的和某人在一起时那样。
1126:28 – 6:30
You're not going to enjoy it, and all you want to be is a kid again.
你不会享受它,而你只想再次成为一个孩子。
1136:33 – 6:36
All you want to be single again, no, probably not.
你只想再次单身,不,可能不会。
1146:36 – 6:39
Assuming it's a person that you are genuinely compatible with.
假设这是一个你真正合得来的人。
1156:39 – 6:42
But you, maybe I'm coping, but I really don't think I am.
但是你,也许我在应对,但我真的不认为我在应对。
1166:43 – 6:48
I am going to regret if I don't do this.
如果我不这样做,我会后悔的。
1176:50 – 6:52
I am going to regret not spending single life to its fullest.
我会后悔没有把单身生活过得最充实。
1186:52 – 6:57
110% because there's benefits to that. So I'm going, how's it going?
百分之百,因为那有好处。所以我要去,最近怎么样?
1196:57 – 7:02
Oh shit, I didn't recognize you. Fuck it out. No.
哦,该死,我没认出你。算了。不。
1207:02 – 7:06
It's a good view though, so I'm like, fuck it, I'll get a video.
不过景色不错,所以我就想,管他呢,我拍个视频。
1217:07 – 7:09
But um, how you guys going?
但是嗯,你们过得怎么样?
1227:10 – 7:12
But as I was saying, I just came across a couple of mates from school.
但正如我刚才说的,我刚好碰到了几个学校的哥们儿。
1237:12 – 7:15
Enjoy this shit. Enjoy it, Bart.
享受这破玩意儿吧。享受它,巴特。
1247:17 – 7:20
Fall in love with the process of becoming
爱上成长的过程。
1257:21 – 7:25
the man that attracts your idol.
那个吸引你偶像的男人。
1267:26 – 7:29
Fall in love with it.
爱上它。
1277:30 – 7:31
Because you will miss it one day, 100%, there will be parts of it that you miss.
因为总有一天你会想念它,百分之百,会有一些部分让你怀念。
1287:31 – 7:35
Put some respect on yourself, Bart.
尊重你自己,巴特。
1297:37 – 7:38
Respect your time, respect your energy.
尊重你的时间,尊重你的精力。
1307:40 – 7:42
Transmute that feeling into what you know is best.
将那种感觉转化为你所知道的最好的东西。
1317:42 – 7:45
Don't act out of desperation.
不要出于绝望而行动。
1327:46 – 7:47
Choose a girl because you cannot, because you need to. I hope you enjoyed this video.
选择一个女孩,是因为你不能,是因为你需要。我希望你喜欢这个视频。
1337:48 – 7:52
I kind of lost me flow there, but I hope it's valuable.
我有点失去了我的节奏,但我希望它有价值。
1347:52 – 7:55
I don't know. Much love, bro.
我不知道。很多爱,兄弟。
1357:55 – 7:58
And I'll catch you in the next one. Thanks.
下次再见。谢谢。
1367:59 – 8:01